A Renaissance Revival Building in Sandstone
The third courthouse built in Bell County; it was built on the same site as the first and second log courthouses that were constructed in 1851 and 1858, respectively. This ornate building is designed in the Renaissance Revival style and was built before the State Capitol. The current structure has been renovated and altered several times since its initial construction in 1884. Somewhere in its history, the prominent bell tower went missing and was replaced in 1994.
“Our Texas land business takes us to nearly every courthouse in the State. We’ve studied their history, explored their hidden stories and developed a passion for these buildings that are Texas land.”
Julie Hollis, Hollis Energy Resource Services